Friday 2 March 2018

Holiday Sewing Part 4 - Sue Spargo sewing roll

This is the last last item from my holiday (Christmas) sewing with Mum.  We were very productive, but we did also go out and enjoy the outdoors.

Last year Sue Spargo shared a gorgeous sewing roll pattern in Inspirations magazine.  Here it is on the cover of Issue 94.


Mum and I bought supplies to make our own versions back in May last year.


Mum finished hers long before I started mine, so when she was here for Christmas, I plucked up courage and made a start on mine.


I designed my own cover and I quite like it.  I used similar colours to Sue Spargo, but changed it up.


On the back I used two different ribbons plus ric rac - as per Sue Spargo's instructions.

the inside

Inside there's a pin cushion and a needle book, plus lined zip pockets on either side.

the outside

My own tricky enhancement was to include some of the measuring tape ribbon I've had for ages.  I often need to check measurements when I'm sewing, so now I'll always have a tape measure handy.


There's a place for pens and pencils (and gluesticks!) on the the back cover.


I'm very happy with how this turned out and I'm sure I'll use it a lot.

from Inspirations magazine

No comments: