Tuesday 27 May 2014

A busy weekend ahead

I've got a lot of projects just waiting for their finishing touches, so I'm hoping to finish a few this upcoming weekend. We have a Public Holiday on Monday 2 June for Queen's Birthday weekend, so lots of time to sew. Top of the list is this quilt which I've almost finished hand quilting.


It's made from a Kaffe Fassett jellyroll in blues and greens. I'm hand quilting in two shades of blue Perle 8.



I don't want to show anymore at the moment, but I hope to have finished photos to share next week.
I"m linking up to Sew Cute Tuesday which is hosted by Ms Midge this week. I was thrilled when I visited her site this morning and saw that my black and white Tumbling Blocks quilt is one of her favourite picks from last week. What an honour. 

11 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your black and white is awesome! love it. It looks like the one you have in your hoop is pretty nice too!

Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl said...

I am really in awe of hand quilting - yours looks great and I look forward to your final reveal photos when it is complete!

The Cozy Quilter said...

I love the fabrics in your quilt! It is so nice to finish a quilt so you can start a few more new projects! Nice hand quilting!

Wendy said...

You have a bank holiday for OUR queen's birthday? the Queen of England? How bizarre.. we don't!

Lorraine said...

Love the colours and fabric choices Wendy. Will look forward to seeing more of this.

Michelle Bartholomew said...

Love the hand quilting! Can't wait to see more.

Unknown said...

Lovely colours! I'm envious of your hand stitching - I don't have the patience or the accuracy (maybe one day). Found via WIP Wednesday on Freshly Pieced.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Your hand quilting is a wonderful way to finish this quilt. I'm guessing you live in WA? We don't celebrate Queen's birthday until the following weekend.

Fort Worth Fabric Studio said...

Lovely job on your hand quilting Wendy! I love the colors in this quilt, can't wait to see it done!

Would love for you to stop by tomorrow and link this up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
-Lindsey
Fabric Frenzy Friday

Paula said...

this is beautiful!

Live a Colorful Life said...

This is really stunningly beautiful!