Sunday 20 April 2014

Gingerbread Bakery progress

My Gingerbread Bakery from The Victoria Sampler is coming along quite nicely.

Gingerbread Bakery
I had set a goal of getting all of the pieces stitched before 1 June, and I think I'm on track for meeting that target. I've done the 4 roof panels and 2 of the 7 sides. I think that I will get quicker now that I've done 2 sides, and figured out the finer details like back stitching around the awnings.


Putting the beads on is always fun, and makes the section feel finished.

I love the large Gingerbread man who sits over the door on this panel. I'm going to assemble the Bakery at the same time as the Candy Cane Cottage.  You can read about it here.

Candy Cane cottage
Then they will both join the Gingerbread house and Church in time for Christmas (hopefully!).

Gingerbread House and Church
It's school holidays in New Zealand and we're going away for a few nights to New Plymouth. I'm going to take two projects with me, but I don't know what the light will be like in a motel at night. I did buy a little portable LED lamp after a recommendation from a friend, so will take that along too.  I've already researched the quilting shop in New Plymouth so will have to fit in a visit somehow!

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

splendid work - have fun on your trip! I always find lighting in motels poor at night hope the light you bring along will help you out

Linda H said...

Your stitching is beautiful and this is going to be an awesome village!

Oops-Lah said...

I've never seen these Gingerbread stitchery before and they are absolutely beautiful. Lots of work, but the result is stunning. Are you planning to stitch a whole village? Have fun on your trip.

Lorraine said...

What an adorable project! Hope the light works so you can manage some stitching. I have no doubt you'll visit the quilt shop :).. Happy Easter.

Wendy said...

your buildings are wonderful! What a gorgeous project. Can you tell me the name of the manufacturer as I can't quite make it out on the photo, I think I fancy stitching one of these!